Your gifts can be put to work today, tomorrow, or even after your lifetime to secure high quality health care for generations to come.
- Outright cash contributions via checks or credit card
- Gifts of stock and appreciated securities
- Commemorative gifts
- Matching gifts
- Gifts in Kind
- Real estate, retirement plans, and life insurance
- Planned legacy gifts:
Outright cash contributions: A gift of cash in the form of a check or via credit card is the most convenient way to put your gift to work immediately at our Hospital.
- Your gift may be made outright, or pledged over a period of time.
- Checks should be made payable to Jordan Hospital, or a gift may be charged with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- You may make an unrestricted gift, which will be applied where the need is greatest.
Gifts of stock or securities:
A gift of cash is the most common and convenient way to give to Jordan Hospital. You may make an unrestricted gift, which will be applied to where we have the greatest need, or you may designate your gift for a specific use by enclosing a brief note when making your gift. Gifts may be made outright, or pledged over a period of years. A gift can be made by check, money order or credit card. Checks should be made payable to Jordan Hospital, or a gift can be charged with Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. If you are considering a making a restricted gift, it will be helpful if you would contact our Philanthropy Office to make certain we can use your gift as you wish.
Donate Online Now.
Many donors find it advantageous from a tax standpoint to make outright gifts of securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds) that have increased in value since the time they were purchased/acquired. These securities may be transferred directly to Jordan Hospital’s broker or mailed, unendorsed, to the Office of Philanthropy.
It is important that we know a day or two before a stock transfer takes place so that we can contact our broker, Gage-Wiley & Co., Inc. They will then be able to verify receipt of your securities promptly, and we will be able to acknowledge your gift in a timely manner and in accordance with IRS regulations.
Please notify either Cynthia Outhouse or Judith Lage-Margalejo below and inform us of the name and quantity of the securities you are donating.
The information you and your broker will need is:
Gage-Wiley & Co., Inc.
30 Pleasant Street
P.O. Box 1028
Northampton, MA 01061-1028
Attention: Ms. Jane Moss
DTC # 141 (Depositor's Trust Company, which serves as the clearing house).
Account # 4624-2545 (Jordan Health Systems)
Tax I.D. exemption number for Jordan Hospital: 222-667-354
(certificate copy available upon request)
Contact us for more information
Make a special gift today in honor, or in memory of someone special in your life.
When making a gift to Jordan Hospital, please check with your employer. Many companies will match contributions made by their employees. Your company may double the value of your gift by matching your gift to Jordan Hospital. Please check with the Human Resources Department at your place of employment.
Gifts in Kind
There are times when a gift of cash just isn’t possible, but you may wish to help our Hospital by volunteering your time and donating work or materials for a project. For example, a painting company may donate the painter’s time while completing a painting job, or a contractor may donate some materials for a job being completed on the Hospital campus.
You can make a gift of residential or commercial property to Jordan in a variety of ways, and receive substantial financial benefits.
- Property may be given outright to support the mission and goals of Jordan Hospital, and you may take an immediate charitable income tax deduction, based on its appraised value.
- Retained-for-life estates enable you to make a gift while retaining the right to continuing using the property during your lifetime.
- You may also use a home or land that is no longer needed to fund a life income gift, such as a charitable gift annuity
- As with other types of gifts, you may designate a gift of real estate to a particular service or program at the Hospital.
Making a gift of a retirement fund such as a 401(k), 403(b), IRA, Keogh or pension plan is another way you can receive significant tax savings and help our Hospital.
- Retirement plan assets are often subject to very high estate taxes, and the income is fully taxable when received by an individual beneficiary. In some cases, making a charitable gift may be a better use of these assets.
- By naming Jordan Hospital as the beneficiary of a retirement plan, you maintain complete control over the assets while living, but at your death the plan passes to Jordan, free of both estate and income taxes.
- When putting together an estate plan, you may wish to consider leaving other assets to your heirs, such as cash and securities, which are not highly taxed.
Life insurance policies:
Many donors are discovering creative ways of using life insurance to fulfill their charitable goals. A gift of life insurance is especially appealing as it can make a larger gift possible without reducing your income.
Donors who, due to changing personal and family circumstances, no longer need life insurance and wish to make a gift to Jordan Hospital, may accomplish their charitable goals by gifting the policy.
If Jordan Hospital is both the owner and beneficiary, and the gift is irrevocable, the premiums are tax deductible. If the gift is a paid-up policy with no additional premiums required, there is an immediate income tax deduction equal to the replacement value of the policy.
Legacy and Planned Gifts
These types of very special gifts generally provide for the future of our Hospital.
- When you are thoughtful and kind enough to include a bequest in your will for our Hospital by naming Jordan as a beneficiary, this type of legacy gift may enable you to make a sizeable contribution to Jordan.
- A charitable gift annuity provides a guaranteed stream of lifetime income to a donor or beneficiary, and have real tax and other benefits for the donor.
- With an endowment gift, you can forge a permanent bond with Jordan by establishing a endowed named fund, while securing the future of healthcare for our patients and our community.
For more information on how to make a planned gift, please contact Judith Lage-Margalejo at 781-934-9463 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for caring about the future of healthcare in our community.