The Jordan Hospital Laboratory offers a wide range of services including:
- Blood banking: blood products, blood typing, and products for transfusion.
- Chemistry: the science concerned with detection of chemical substances (qualitative analysis), or determination of amounts of substances (quantitative analysis), naturally produced or artificially introduced in the body.
- Coagulation: testing the process of blood cells clumping together to form a clot.
- Cytology: the science of the formation, structure, and function of cells.
- Hematology: the science concerned with blood, blood-forming tissues, and diagnosis of disorders in blood.
- Histology: the study of the microscopic structure of tissue.
- Pathology: the study of the structure of normal, abnormal, diseased, or injured tissue.
- Phlebotomy: the process of withdrawing blood from a vein.
- Microbiology: the scientific study of microorganisms.
- Serology: the scientific study of fluid components of blood, especially antibodies and antigens.
- Urinalysis: analysis of the urine.
The laboratory performs about 1million tests per year at 7 collection stations and provides services for inpatients, outpatients, the Emergency Department, the Jordan Hospital Club Cancer Center, local nursing homes/skilled care facilities, rehabilitation facilities, physician offices, and government agencies.
Laboratory staff include MD Pathologists, administrative staff, technologists, lab assistants, and clerical staff.
The Jordan Hospital Laboratory is licensed and/or accredited by the following organizations:
For lab related questions, call the main lab at (508) 830-2170.
For instructions on the collection of specimens, click here.